Thursday, February 22, 2007

Second Annual Arbor Day 5K

Everyone has been telling me that I need to train for and run a few 5k's, before I attempt the Half-Marathon in Sept. Well, I think I found the first 5k that I'm going to run in. It will be the
Second Annual ARBOR DAY 5K in Historic Nebraska City, the Home of Arbor Day.

Once part of J. Sterling Morton’s estate, the trial highlights many acres Morton and his family planted and nurtured for years. The run begins at the Nebraska City High School, traversing a portion of Steinhart Park, Arbor Day Farm and through the amazing Arbor Lodge State Historical Park.

The race is on April 28, 2007 and starts at 8:30 am. If you are near the area, you should look into the race. The area that the race goes through is really beautiful!

They have not posted the information on the net yet, but you can contact Lori Sterling the Project Coordinator of NC Tourism & Commerce, Inc. at loris@nebraskacity.com

3 comments:

Pat said...

That race sounds spectacular. I try to run a race every other week. Even if I have to walk part of it, which most races I do, I want to race. I just try to beat my PR and have a good time.

You should find a March 5k. Have you run/walked 3 miles yet? I'd encourage you to finish the 3 miles even if you end up walking most of it.

Pat
Arizona, USA

BryanM said...

Matt, thanks for the race info. I live in Omaha and I am also a beginner looking for races to hone my skills. I recently signed up for the Blarney Stone 5K on March 17th.

I agree with Pat, you should try a 5K even if you are not upto 3 miles in your training regiment.

I will be watching for the Arbor Day race info.

Congrats on your weight loss, I am envious. I am running the miles but not shedding the pounds.

Bryan

ithink2020 said...

That's for the idea of running on in March.

bryanm,

Where the info on the Blarney Stone 5K on March 17th?

Thanks!