Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Map My Run

OK, I have found the coolest site! MapMyRun.com

I do have to credit letsrun10keveryday for his post at the Runner's Worlds Beginner's Forum:
http://forums.runnersworld.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/608106477/m/2151025542

At Map My Run, you can pull up a map of your area, then plan your run. Once you have it laid out, it will tell you how far your planned run will be! It is excellent, because I do not have a GPS unit and do not feel like driving around checking the distance.

I will have to admit, I have not run outside yet. But that is going to change very soon!

1 comment:

Miss Tea said...

Hi 2020,
I have had the groin problem when I increase my distance. Sometimes it also comes back after a run when I am sitting for awhile.

What I have done is basically what you have done...back off until it goes away. (And increase distance more slowly). Working on adductors and abs also helps.

http://www.americanrunning.org/displayindustryarticle.cfm?articlenbr=2053