Saturday, March 31, 2007

Spiritual Run

Today I had a very spiritual run. I'm not going to go into the details, but I will tell you this week has been very stressful. Add to that, I haven't been eating well, not to mention that I have had more alcohol this week, then I think I had all last month! Side note, as a new year resolution, I have been trying to cut back to only a one or two drinks a week...if any. I also missed my last three workouts, including one run.

Last night I decided I was going to get back on track. So, this morning I had a healthy breakfast and went for my run. It was a very hard run. I could tell cheating on my diet this week, was not going to help me this morning. Lets just say I was not physically or mentally up to par for this run.

This morning during my run, I was touched by God. In the 30 minutes it took me to finish my run, I was mentally tore down and built back up again. It was very spiritual and I am very glad the Lord was with me on my run today.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

What is that supposed to mean?!? You are weird!!!!

Mr.Cheapo said...

don't feel bad man, I'm there with you. I ate half a pizza yesterday and drank 6 BEERS!!!

Going to make my 5 miler today very interesting.

BTW, congrats on 5k you and I (it appears) started running around the same time.