Sunday, March 4, 2007

Long-Term Goal Change - Des Moines Half-Marathon

So I think I'm going to do the Des Moines Half-Marathon (Oct. 21, 2007), as my first half-marathon. After reading up on and talking to people about the Omaha Half-Marathon, it seems to be really hilly for a first-timer.

After someone recommended that I run the Des Moines Half-Marathon as my first one, I read up on that race. It is a flat course that is advertised as First-Timer friendly.

Pros:
First-Timer friendly
Flat Course - enough said.
It's in the Fall - it will be cooler
Extra month of training - Can fit in some more smaller races

Cons:
I can't think of any.

So, I'm changing my Long-Term goal, to running the Des Moines Half-Marathon on Oct. 21, 2007.

1 comment:

L*I*S*A said...

Just saw your post at RWBF, and I wanted to say congratulations!! Quite an achievement, and you have every right to be proud. :)