Friday, March 9, 2007

On the Run Thoughts

This afternoon was really stressful and I just really wanted to run when I got home. WHAT!?!? I just wanted to run? Is this really me that is thinking this? That's right, I found myself wanting to run. It's not like I have to force myself to run every time, but I've never found myself wanting to run, just to de-stress.

I had a really great run tonight. I wasn't supposed to run until tomorrow, but, like I said, I just wanted to run. Also, it looks like it might be raining tomorrow and this evening was really nice outside (52F). I felt good, so I decided to get it out of the way.

At around the 2 mile mark it hit me. I'm running. I'm in a rhythm. I'm not dying and I feel good. I'm day-dreaming and thinking about other things other than running. A big smile came across my face, and I felt my pace pick up a bit.

I ran 2.54 miles this evening. Not only am I excited about my first 5k next Sat., but now I know I can run it and finish.

If you are just starting out, go slow and keep with it. Rest when you need to and don't overdo it. Trust me, there comes a day when running is no longer forced. When that day comes: Man, does it feel good!

No comments: