Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Resurrected and Revamped

So, back in 2007 when I training for my first 1/2 marathon, I started this blog to document and to be held accountable for my training.  After I completed the that first 1/2 marathon, I fell away from blogging.

I no longer run on a regular basis, however, I do still partake in various 5k's.  However, I'm resurrecting this blog and revamping it to start documenting my new fitness endeavor.  I've been looking for a fitness program that doesn't require a gym or a lot of time.  In my search I found the book You Are Your Own Gym by Mark Lauren.  After reading it, I'm sold!

I was lucky enough to get the YAYOG DVD's for Christmas and will be using those to get my goal of "getting into my best shape ever" started.  I also plan on using EFX and the YAYOG Android App (iOS version), to continue my fitness goals throughout the year.  I've even created a workout plan for the entire year to follow: 2014 Workout Plan.

I will be using MyFitnessPal and Fitocracy to log my meals and my workouts.  If you are a member of either of those, you can friend me to follow my progress.  I'm also on Twitter as @MatthewASchmitt.

My goal is to update this blog weekly on my progress of using YAYOG.  I want your help on keeping me accountable!

My official start date is on 1/11/14.  My wife and I are doing a Take it Off Challenge that is being put on by our local newspaper. Since it starts on the 11th, that is my start date for the year (and beyond).  If you happen to be in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area, check it out.  It's not too late to register!

Well, that's it for my first blog post here since 2007!  I hope you make it back around here soon!

Matt


No comments: