Sunday, January 19, 2014

First Week Complete!

A few accomplishments this week!
  1. Stuck with the YAYOG DVDs
  2. Stayed in line with my eating
  3. Hanging in on the 30 Day Plank Challenge
  4. Lost 5.8 lbs!
YAYOG Update:
Well, I must say, the You Are Your Own Gym Novice DVD Workouts are harder than I thought!  When you watch the workout (without doing it) it doesn't seem that hard.  Maybe it is because 10 months ago I was in much better shape.  But once I started the DVDs, I was huffing and puffing and struggling on some parts of the workouts.  But this is not a bad thing.  This just confirms what I already knew...I need to get on and stay on track...for the long term!

Eating Healthy:
I did very good this week on the food front. For the most part, I stayed under my allowed calories each day. Although I did go over a little one day, I'm still under if I look at the weekly totals.  I've also set a goal to eat ~180 grams of Protein each day.  Since starting to track with MyFitnessPal, there has only been a couple days that I did not reach that goal.  I figured out (based on YAYOG) that my Macros should be split like this:  30% Carbs - 40% Protein - 30% Fat.  Looking at MyFitnessPal, my overall Macros for the week are 31% Carbs - 41% Protein - 28% Fat.  I'd say that is pretty good, considering that I'm really only focusing on my Calorie and Protein intake!  All in all, I'm very happy with my progress this week.

30 Day Plank Challenge Update:
I've haven't missed a day since I started...yesterday was Day 4.  But, I completed a 30 second plank. I'm doing the plank in the classic Push Up position. My goal is to keep this up over the next 30 days.  I know it is going to get hard, but I'm going to do my best to stick with it.

Weight:
Well, as of yesterday, I'm down 5.8 lbs since last Saturday!  I know a lot of that is the bloat that comes off in the first week, so I'm not expecting that much every week.  My goal is to lose around 1-1.5 pounds per week.  I'm going to take it nice and slow.  I don't want to work too hard and lose too much then get burnt out and fall off the wagon.  So I'm happy with this weeks weight loss, but know that going forward not to expect this amount again.


With all that said, I'm very happy with this past week. It only motivates me to stay on track and do good this week. My hope is to be in much better shape and to be down 30-45 lbs by August 1st.  In August we are planning on going to the east coast for vacation. So, that is my motivation...that and getting healthy so I can keep up with my kids!  

Matt

No comments: