Tuesday, August 21, 2007

8 Miler!!!

If you would have asked me a year ago if I though I would ever run 8 miles, I would have thought it was crazy. However, that is what I did on Sat. morning.

I haven't been running much the past couple of weeks do to some pain, but Friday I felt good and decided to run Sat. morning. Although I was planning on only running 3 miles, I followed my wife's suggestion, "If you feel good, keep running." After 3 miles I still felt really good, so I kept running and ended up running 8 miles.

I did do some walking, but I'm not worried about it. I got in the distance and I feel good about it. My legs where a little sore after the run, but that's was probably going to happen any ways, since I hadn't ran in a week and half.

This morning I got up and ran at 5:00. I would have loved to sleep in, but now that I can run again, I got to get back into the swing of things. The next increase in my long runs will be 8/31. I will be running 9.5 miles!

1 comment:

keepgoing said...

Hi,
I have been following your progress since february. I run for fun but like to read about running too. Your doing really well keep up the good work and keep going!

Ali (U.K)