Saturday, October 6, 2007

12.5 Miles - The reality that I can run a Half-Marathon

This past Monday evening, I ran 12.5 miles. At first, it was just another long run. A run completed without stopping or taking any walk breaks. That in and of it's self was amazing. But I just saw it as another long run.

The reality that I can run a Half-Marathon hit me as I was crossed the imaginary finish line of my long run. I was sore. My knees were complaining and my legs felt like jello. But I now know that I can run the Half. The fear or not being able to do it is gone. But I can do it!

I'm going to complete my first Half-Marathon in 14 days!

1 comment:

keepgoing said...

Well done.
Good luck with the half marathon, i bet you'll love it. Who knows a full marathon might be your next goal!
keep going!!