Thursday, June 7, 2007

Shins Feeling Better

I ran my planned 1.5 miles last night. Although my shins did hurt the first few minutes, it quickly went away. The discomfort came back during my cool down, but after some stretching, it went a away again. I iced them for about 15 minutes and that seems to really be helping.

I going to rest today as planned, in hopes my shins will be even better for my run on Friday, which will be a 2 mile run. The place where I'll be doing more of my running has some hills. I think that's good, since it will prepare me for races with hills. I think it may even make me stronger.

Still taking these next weeks easy. I am going to try to run mainly outside again. For the couple weeks before I got the Shin Splints I was running on a treadmill. Someone even told me yesterday the shin splints could have came from running on a treadmill. He said whenever he runs on a treadmill, he gets them. Something about running at the same speed the whole workout and not having a log of room to move? I don't know, but since I'm planning on running a long race on the road, I think it would be best to train for it by run outside.

That's it for now.

1 comment:

vanessa40 said...

Hi,
Saw that you joined the weight loss game on Runner's World and wanted to say hello.. Good Luck..

Vanessa