Monday, June 11, 2007

Half-Marathon Progress Report - Week 19

Well, last week went pretty good. Shins were still bothering me a little, but the are feeling good much better.

Friday's run was amazing. The weather was perfect and I felt myself getting back into being able to run and breath at the same time. I completed a 2 mile run that felt really good. At about the 1.5 mile mark, I was breathing really good and feeling like I could run miles. I thought about running more than 2, but knew I should stop. After the run, my Shins ached, so I didn't do anything over the weekend.

This morning my shins they felt fine. As a matter of fat, the felt the best they have in the past few weeks. The is good news. This evening I run 1.5 miles, following my cutting back plan. My Shins felt fine, but it was hot and humid. It was 86 when I got done with my run. It was a challenge to run in hot weather, but it will prepare me for future races this summer.

Here is what the rest of this week will look like:

Tue: Rest/XT
Wed: 2 Miles
Thu: Rest/XT
Fri: 2.5 Miles
Sat & Sun: Rest/XT

1 comment:

vanessa40 said...

Hi Matt,
Glad to hear your shins are better..
Running in the heat does take some getting use too but you are right it will help prepare you for the races :)

Vanessa