Monday, June 25, 2007

The heat was deadly today!!

Well, I guess I'm going to have to face the fact I will need to starting getting up before 5am for my runs. My past few runs have been run in almost 90 degree weather. Today it was 93 with 49% humidity! I was looking forward to my run all day and was actually feeling pretty good the first part of the run. I planned to run 2.5 miles today, but a little over 1.75, I was forced to walk.

There was about a half mile were there was no shade. All of a sudden, I felt drained. I even purchased a Nathan QuickDraw Plus water bottle, to make it easier to carry and drink water. I also, made sure that I drank lots of water today, since I knew it was going to be the hottest weather I had ever ran in. Needless to say, neither precaution helped.

Although I was forced to walk, twice, I did complete the 2.5 miles. Considering the weather, I think it went alright. I just need to start running in the morning. The only issue is getting up a hour earlier each day.

Anyone have any tips for getting motivated to get out of bed in the morning?

As if having to run in 90+ degree weather isn't motivation enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pat said...

i have trouble getting up early to run too. And in AZ you need to run early or late. I choose to run after night fall in my neighborhood.

pat