Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Change in Training Plan

So, since it has been really hot and humid here, I have decided to start running in the mornings.

Tiffany (my wife) and I go to the gym every Mon, Wed and Friday. I use to run while she was working out at the gym, but now I will use these days to focus on cross training. To tell the truth, I haven't been doing much XT lately.

So I will run Tuesday, Thursday and Sat. mornings. Three good things should come of this.

1. Since I'm still going to go to the Gym on Mon., Wed. and Friday, I will get my XT in.
2. Running in the mornings will be a ton cooler, then running a 4:00 PM.
3. Once my long runs get up there, running them on Sat. will be easier than fitting it in on Friday. Even though at some point I was planning on doing my long runs on Sat.

I've also decided to make Sun. an official rest day. No running or XT. I wonder if this will help me get out of yard work as well....hmmm....

Any way, here's what the rest of this week looks like:

Wed: XT
Thu: 3 Miles
Fri: XT
Sat: 3 Miles
Sun: Rest

1 comment:

Brittney said...

Running at 4pm is like trying to work out in a veggie steamer, or at least I think so. Running in the morning sounds like a much better plan to me, and getting your xt in since you are already at the gym M/W/f is a bonus!

Brittney