Saturday, July 7, 2007

Hornets

I just have to post this!!!

As a young child I slid onto a Yellow Jacket nest and was stung 23 times. I will never forget that day and as such, I am now deathly afraid of all bees and hornets.

As I was sitting on the back porch of my brother-in-law's house, I was buzzed by a hornet. Then he buzzed me again. Trying to stay calm, I slowly stood up. As I did I realized it was not one, but several hornets! I'm talking 7 or 8! So, being deathly afread, I run for the door hoping they will leave me alone. I almost open the door, when I thought I can't let them in.

So I turn around to walk around the house, when I saw a lot more swarming the chair I was just sitting in!

After they went away (or I thought) I went back out to get the laptop. When I grabbed the laptop, I looked down and through the slats of the chair (THE ONE I WAS JUST SITTING IN) I saw the nest! It is under the chair.

I was lucky and I'm not going back out there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Inquiring minds want to know -- "Who got rid of the nest?"

Big Al said...

OMG! I would have ran around screaming like an idiot!