Wednesday, January 15, 2014

High Protein Scrambled Egg Recipe

A few months ago I saw a co-worker do this. I've been doing it for one of my morning meals every day. It is easy and tasty!

You take eggs and mix in some cottage cheese, then microwave it for a couple minutes. That's it!

What you need:
3 eggs (use the whole egg)
1/2 cup Cottage Cheese

Here is what I do:
  1. Crack 3 whole eggs in a bowl. 
  2. Add 1/2 cup of cattage cheese 
  3. Mix well 
  4. Microwave for 45 sec. 
  5. Stir 
  6. Microwave for 45 sec. 
  7. Stir 
  8. Microwave for 30 Sec 
  9. Stir and let sit for a couple minutes 
  10. Enjoy! 

NOTE: Each microwave is different, so time might take some trial and error in cooking the eggs without them exploding...you'll know what I mean if and when it happens or if has happened to you before.

The cottage cheese melts leaving the eggs fluffy and yummy. You don't have the texture of the cottage cheese and you don't really taste the cottage cheese.



Meal Details:

313 Cals
31 Grams Protein
7 grams Carbs
18 Grams Fat

I personally try to get in ~30 grams of protein in per meal, so I use three eggs. However, you could only use two eggs and 1/4 cup cottage cheese. That's if you don't need as much protein and you need to hit lower cals.

Hope you enjoy!

Matt

No comments: